Sunday, April 1, 2012

Succulent Sarabeth's


Over this past spring break, I had the pleasure of dining at one of New York's, in my opinion, nicest restaurants, Sarabeth's Kitchen. It had a gorgeous view of Central Park, the waiting staff was very timely and nice, and, above all, the food was delicious. Although my mac n' cheese and creamy tomato soup were amazing, I particularly enjoyed the last part of my meal: desert. For desert, I ordered the chocolate cake topped with a mint leaf and soft whipped cream, drizzled with sweet raspberry syrup, and sprinkled with powdered sugar. I am not usually one to like whip cream, and I am often picky about how chocolately my chocolate cakes taste, but this cake was definitely up to par. The layout of the cake itself was impressive, and the taste was even better than it looked, which can be hard to come by. This meal was definitely a step up in the world after months of DUC food and poorly made deserts. The chocolate was rich, but not too dark, and the cake was layered, alternating between chocolate mousse and chocolate cake, creating the perfect texture. The cake was not too dry, and mousse was not too prevalent. The whip cream was soft and sweet, creating an almost ice-cream like flavor. The cake was served warm, and I can assure you, I had finished it before there was even time for it too cool off. I mean wouldn't you?

1 comment:

  1. Micah, what a beautiful piece of cake along with a beautiful piece of writing to go with it. Short and sweet, but packed with description that brings the reader along with every bite. Excellent work!

    ReplyDelete