Friday, March 2, 2012

The Power of Chex

Now I have to be honest. Since I've been at college, the quality of food I've been eating has most certainly diminished. It's hard to afford expensive foods, and I certainly cannot handle the DUC for every meal, so I must resort to CVS. I know you're thinking what? CVS? What can you even buy there that you would prefer over the DUC? Well, ignorant ones, the answer, of course, is Chex Mix. Cheddar flavored.


Before you even begin to criticize my opinion on this delicious and irresistible food, hear me out. You're right, Chex Mix no gourmet meal, and he certainly possesses minimal, if any, nutritional value, but he has SAVED me from having to drag myself to the DUC late at night while I'm dying of hunger only to find tasteless rice and bruised apples. Cheddar Chex Mix waits patiently for me in my room while I'm working, and he readily comes to my aid when I need some quick fuel.


Not only is Chex Mix always there, the taste is absolutely scrumptious. He provides crunchy wheat and corn Chex, salty pretzels, and sweet cheese triangles, all blended together under a layer of delicious cheese powder. I have never been disappointed by this amazing snack. More often than not, he's exactly what I need. Cheddar Chex Mix not only nourishes me when I'm hungry, he brings me out of a grumpy mood, supports me when I'm sad, and celebrates with me when I'm at a party. Some of you might underestimate the power of cheap, snack food, but let me assure you, when you are in college and need a late night fix, cheddar Chex Mix will always come through for you, as he has done for me countless times.

1 comment:

  1. Micah, I too am a Chex Mix lover. There really is nothing like it. What I love about this post is that you take a humble, ready-made snack and elevate it to almost heroic status. Your writing is inviting, and I love the way you address the reader and personify the Chex Mix. This one tiny suggestion that I have would be to personify the Chex Mix first and then begin referring to it as "he." Say something like, "Let me tell you, Chex Mix is my hero." Or "Chex Mix is my best friend." Then the shift to "he" will be natural and won't jar the reader. Otherwise, excellent work!

    ReplyDelete